Which eyeliner to choose?
Eyeliner is a great classic in eye makeup. There are several types of eyeliners depending on the desired effect.
Black eyeliner is a timeless makeup staple. Timeless and still just as effective for enhancing the look , eyeliner is available in several variants with varied textures and finishes. But how to choose the right eyeliner ? Gel eyeliner, pencil or felt-tip pen, discover the characteristics of each eyeliner, in order to make a suitable choice based on the makeup you want to achieve.
Why choose eyeliner for your eye makeup?
Eyeliner, whatever its texture, allows:
- to intensify your look by bringing out the natural color of your eyes
- conceal certain imperfections , such as drooping eyelids or eyes that are too small
- highlight your eyes in an original way (graphic makeup), etc.
How to apply your eyeliner for a successful result?
Drawing your eyeliner line is not always an easy task. Here are some tips for achieving a clean and successful layout:
- Preferably apply your eyeliner to a makeup-free eyelid .
- Start by drawing your line in the center of your eyelid . Then, draw the comma that suits you, enlarging it more or less depending on the shape of your eyes and the desired result.
- Then finish your line by completing your line towards the inner part of the corner of your eye.
You can also draw a line along the lower lash line , but this is not necessarily necessary. Indeed, depending on the shape of your eyes, it can weigh down your look and harden it, making you look older.
The different types of eyeliners
Eyeliner can take many forms. Each of them has its own characteristics and can have different possible uses.
The ideal pencil eyeliner for beginners
Similar to the eyebrow pencil , the eyeliner pencil is certainly the most basic makeup accessory there is. Easy to use and correct, it is perfect for beginners and allows a clean and precise outline. It comes in different shades and can usually be applied to the inner lining of the eye.
Some pencil eyeliners even have the organic label, because they are composed of mostly natural ingredients from organic farming.
The perfect felt-tip eyeliner for successful doe eyes
The felt-tip eyeliner has a fluid texture and allows for a clean and delicate line . Its ability to dry very quickly makes it practical to use and allows you, among other things, to create perfect doe eyes in record time.
Gel eyeliner for daring and original makeup
Gel eyeliner often comes in the form of a pencil with a fairly oily texture and shiny finishes . Simple to use, this type of eyeliner allows you to create numerous shades and create original lines , such as reverse eyeliner or double lines.
Liquid eyeliner for experts
Liquid eyeliner is usually sold in a small pot. It is applied with a fine brush to the eyelid. It is certainly the eyeliner that will give you the best result , but also the one that is the most difficult to apply. This type of eyeliner is therefore not recommended for beginners. You will need to first practice to draw the perfect line, which will make all the difference.
What do you think of permanent eyeliner to enhance your look?
Permanent makeup is becoming more and more popular at the moment. Here are the particularities of this new technique with lasting effects.
What is permanent eyeliner?
Permanent eyeliner is a makeup technique based on the implantation of dermopigments in the upper layers of your epidermis. Generally, several touch-ups are necessary, but once the makeup is adjusted correctly, the effect obtained can last for several weeks or even months . Namely, permanent eyeliner makeup is therefore not an “indelible” technique like tattooing. Without retouching after several years, permanent eyeliner disappears naturally.
Who is this technique for?
Permanent eyeliner is particularly suitable for:
- for women with a busy schedule who don't have time to put on makeup every morning
- for sporty people who want to be impeccable in all circumstances
- for people with small imperfections and who wish to hide them without having to wear makeup daily, etc.
What are the advantages of using permanent eyeliner?
Permanent eyeliner has several advantages:
- Saves time : in the morning, no need to spend hours in the bathroom, your beauty can be done in just a few seconds.
- Possible touch-ups : if you no longer like your makeup or you want to change it, know that it is possible. Of course, these touch-ups must be done by an eye care professional in a specialized institute.
- Enhance your eyes : calling on an eye care professional will allow you to take stock of the shape of your eyes and the tips to implement to enhance your eyes.